Sweet hugs

Tonight is night four of official sleep training. Since hubby is away during bedtime now during the week, and bedtimes had suddenly become a struggle - and sometimes as late as 9pm (wayyy too late!), I decided it was time to get little love into a routine in which she could rely upon herself to fall asleep. The first night was 45 minutes of absolute screaming. I busied my hands with dishes and chores, but was quite distracted and my heart hurt to hear her. Just as I was about to rush upstairs and scoop her into my arms, she stopped.

Day two, she screamed again, but for 12 fewer minutes. I counted that as a win and I felt better hearing her cry when it stopped sooner than the day before. I knew I couldn't do two days straight of 45 minutes (or possibly more!) of screaming.

Day three, she hugged me tightly with arms and legs before I put her in the crib, trying to keep from having to go to sleep alone. It was so sweet to have an actual hug, albeit, I'm sure it wasn't quite what she intended. I have a feeling ahe hoped I would hold her forever instead of having to go to sleep. She initially cried out when she laid down. But, there were no other cries! She moved around and cooed to herself bit fell asleep in about fifteen minutes. As she was falling asleep, I was able to get in a 15 minute HITT circuit. It felt great but strange all at the same time. I missed her but was happy to be pushing myself to get some abdominal and leg and glute work. I know I've lost some of my muscle strength and am so craving being back in shape.

Tonight was night four of sleep training and also a Friday, which meant no chores got in our way. I was able to play with Zoe during the afternoon and then I took her out for a run and walk. It was great to get back out, but my knees.  Ouf. Ever since childbirth, my knees are so loose but also painful. I'm hoping as I increase my strength training, they will get stronger because the thigh muscles will become stronger and more supportive again. We came home and I fed her more avocado and butternut squash and played. Then for bedtime, the usual routine with milk before bed. Once Zoe is done feeding now, instead of falling asleep on the boob,  she now stands up and tries to look around and fight sleep. However, I snuggled her some and stood up and walked over to the crib. Again, she did the same clinging, cute hug, and I could not resist. Too darn sweet and cute. I laid her down and she cried out initially, but coped and moved around for about ten minutes and then cried out again for less than a minute and fell asleep! I feel so proud of her!!

I love this little love. She makes me happier than I've ever been.

Comments