Carrying and Unwinding

Lately, I've been finding myself to start rushing around, doing everything when I get home more and more. I carry Z around with me, but it is not the same as spending quality time with her. I know some of these things can wait, but some, like my growling stomach, cannot.

I'm also becoming slightly concerned by how clingy Z is getting with me. I know babies go through a separation anxiety phase around now, but she does need to play by herself sometimes and be okay with seeing me doing something in the same room or next room over from her. I am starting to wonder if I have done something irreparable such that she will have massive separation anxiety. Then, another part of me thinks everything is just fine and that this is normal for now. This parenting thing is so much second guessing oneself!!

On a good note, the other night, I made myself spend, what ended up being 30 minutes, with my yoga practice. It was well past my bedtime, but my body and soul needed it so badly. It was just how I previously described- at first, I felt embarrassed that it had been so long. But after about the third downward dog, as I felt the tension in my shoulders lift and the knots in my shoulder blades start to lessen, the embarrassment left and I was wholely focused on my practice and engaged in the moment. I even had fun and made some cool transitions I hadn't thought of or practiced before and was really proud of myself for doing so! By the end, in shivasanna, I actually caught myself dozing off. It was delicious -going to sleep was no problem immediately thereafter. 

Comments